01 December 2010

Glassfish and Weld: New builds, new bugs

My article about memory issues with CDI/Weld seems to have caused rather a wave. Someone (not me) posted a link on DZone, which triggered an unprecedented amount of traffic on this blog, there were discussions both in the Glassfish and Weld communities, and I was very happy to see that Weld appears to have made significant progress in terms of resource usage.

So the good news is: First, things are moving in the right direction with Weld, and second, blogging helps - at least in this case, it seems to have been a lot more effective than my previous bug reports and forum messages.

Unfortunately, there is also some bad news. Several users have already reported regressions with Glassfish 3.1-b29 and b30 related to Weld. My application fails to deploy on b30 with a stack trace which looks like a case of GLASSFISH-13131. So I'd better wait and try again with Glassfish 3.1 milestone 8.

No comments: